You Voted For This
Okay, I'm going to try and write this post without going insane. I had to delete the first draft because it was a tad harsh regarding the subject matter.
Renee Good's mother sat before a congressional forum yesterday and demanded there be accountability and changes regarding how ICE agents do their job. They shouldn't be killing people. Well, they shouldn't be killing white people, like her daughter. I have little doubt she'd give one ounce of consideration to a brown person being shot in the head. She said her daughter should be alive today. Yes, mom, yes, Renee should be alive today, but you voted for this. You voted for this because you wanted thugs to go after other people, not your people.
Some would say you are brave to come forward especially with a half eaten face by the leopard. I'm not sure how you have the nerve to sit in that seat and demand changes. I've heard conflicting stories about your relationship with Renee. Some say you were close, others say Renee hadn't spoken to you in years. I could understand that. You dismissed her. You voted for a man who would try to make her life miserable because of the people she loved.
And you have the damn nerve to say anything now!? I don't consider you brave. I find you complicit in your daughter's death as well as the many many people whose lives are forever changed. You did this.
Oh, this is my nice post. The draft was unpublishable, yet it was more honest.
Here's an idea, Ms. Ganger. Go home. Sit it out. I'm betting you'll still support your MAGA base and the clown running the country into the ground. You're so right, your daughter did not have to die. We agree on that. The difference is, I didn't vote for this- you did.

Comments