With God On Our Side

 I know many of you are willing to look past the religious inserts Talarico includes in his political speeches? You don't believe it sends fucking red flags everywhere? Yeah, I get it, he's a believer and that's just a big part of who he is. 

It does not belong in politics!!!!

Y'all bitch about SCOTUS making decisions based on their beliefs; Talarico is doing exactly the same thing. We all are biased when it comes to our beliefs but when it comes to a fair and equal process regarding the law we need to separate church from state. Talarico is playing it safe right now, but still wants you to know he relies on his religion to guide his choices. That is a problem and if you can't see that or worse just want to ignore it, you're no better than a MAGA who is willing to dismiss the blatant corruption that is in front of their eyes. And argue all you want that Talarico is on the good side. Well, that's what God fearing Americans also believe. They use the Bible as well. Some have even read it. 

I don't live in Texas, and I am truly grateful for that. Talarico's opponent is about the scummiest human on the planet. Not surprisingly, the race is too close to tell who will win because Texans are fucking imbeciles who would rather choose a grifter and a snake. 

It still doesn't mitigate the clear danger Talarico presents. 

Look, I realize I'm talking out of my ass because the majority of humans still believe in the fairytale, so let's ignore that little issue. 

If by some miracle Talarico wins over the ogre, this is only the beginning. He will begin to use Jesus as his driver in every speech, thought and decision. Soon he'll ask for the Ten Commandments in every school, prayer before each session, holy water in the reflecting pool. 

We should not have to make choices using cognitive dissonance because these are the bottom of the barrel contenders. 

You should be disturbed by his rhetoric. This is only the beginning and an opening for him to become bolder and really go where he wants to go. 

But hey, I'm just a person who believes we should be decent humans for no fucking reason other than it's the right thing to do.

Comments

ex-ferrer said…
I agree. I think he was on his way to being a minister and should have stayed on that. It would be his business to do so. You just can't have an imaginary God making public decisions for all. You wind up with Mike Johnson if you do that! That just justifies following Trump because all you have to say is that God sent Trump and yada, yada, yada. Religion has NO place in politics. Anyone who says God speaks to them is fucking nuts! Talarico freaks me out. He's saying all the right things to get the job. Then we'll find out who he really works for- and it's not Texans.
Maggie said…
I'm glad you agree. It's a touchy subject but he bothers me. I don't see any difference between him and that school superintendent who wanted the ten commandments in every school room.

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Books Of All Time?

She's Still Dead

Benny, Benny And No Regrets