"What We Got Here..."*

 


Well, that was interesting. A fellow Blueskyer recently posted on her feed an image of two men shaking hands. The caption read something like, "It's ok to apologize for being wrong and we can work together in the future." Considering she posts mainly about politics, I assumed it was about MAGA and the rest of us letting bygones be bygones. So, I left a comment which just said, "Sorry, can never forgive and will never work with them." (Actual caption and image above)

A few minutes later, I got a notice on my phone with her reply, "What the fuck you talkin' about!?"

Ok, my bad. Maybe I misunderstood the message.

When I went to Bluesky her response was not there. That has happened before where someone will leave me a nasty reply but it doesn't show up on Bluesky or in my DM. 

You can decide for yourselves. Did I get it wrong? Communicating through text messages is a tricky business. I had numerous occasions where I misunderstood a text from a friend. Thankfully, we can work it out with no issues because we all realize something gets lost in the translation sometimes. I'm not the brightest bulb and had to laugh when I saw a feed where a man noted it takes him a long time to even understand the context of a post whilst there are over 3,000 likes already. Yeah, that's me. There are times stuff just flies over my head. I'm sure a lot of it is intentional by the poster. I cannot stand people who talk in the language of word salad. They try to prove how brilliant they are by talking down to people. Well, that's my defense and I'm sticking to it. 

Anyway, sorry lady. Apparently your post meant something else. I'm not sure what, but for now I've muted you. You'll eventually get the heave ho like a leftover you stick in the freezer for eight months. For now, I'm just going to try and solve this mystery. 

* Cool Hand Luke.

Comments

ex-ferrer said…
There's no shortage of deadheads here. I run into several, any given week. As many things fly over my head as I toss over others. Your comment was quite clear. Her response makes me reconsider what her intent actually was. Now, I'm not sure!
Maggie said…
The only thing I can think of is she really wants us to come together. No can do. Her response was way out of line.

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Books Of All Time?

She's Still Dead

Benny, Benny And No Regrets