They Can't Beat Us If We Join Them


 This will sound pretty unwoke, but, isn't it weird the ICE agents who are murdering and lying under oath about attempted murder, have last names that would catch the attention of ICE agents? Is this some form of self preservation people are using so they are not rounded up, zip tied and hauled off to an unknown future? The identity of the two agents who murdered Alex Pretti are known to us (Jesus  Ochoa and Ray Gutierrez) and there is some speculation they may be arrested in Minnesota for their heinous act. The other story involves another agent with an interesting last name- Castro, who has been charged with lying under oath after he claimed he and his partner were attacked. Video has proven his statement as false, although he is pleading his innocence. 

So, what's going on? Some people will do anything to survive, even if that means turning into a despicable subhuman in order to live another day- a day that now involves violence and ugliness beyond belief. To them it seems to make little difference what type of world they live in as long as they are in it. Clearly my mindset isn't the same. I would rather not be around if this is where we are headed- a dark world where you are predator or prey. 

Life looks pretty grim right now, but I'm not giving up just yet. I can only imagine what life was like for the millions of Jews who were murdered under Hitler's regime. People under extreme circumstances make life altering decisions to save their own skin. When I took a sociology class years ago our professor talked about an experiment where male students were recruited to be prison guards. They gradually became increasingly violent and the experiment ended early. There are questions still regarding how the whole experiment was implemented but the reality is these men chose cruelty when handed abusive power over others.

Be the abuser, not the abused. Kill to survive, no matter if it's wrong or right. Be the problem, not the solution. 

There was no reason to murder Alex Pretti. There was no reason to shoot blindly through a door.  It was a them or us mentality. These men decided to join the murder club. 

That's the world they want to live in?

Comments

ex-ferrer said…
Yes, the Stanford Experiment. Bigly failure, but someone wants to do it again. The guards readily chose cruelty because they could. The whole thing was a sham, and though the participants were told they could leave anytime, they couldn't. Some broke down from mental anguish though and got out. I think one guard objected and was allowed to leave. I saw a documentary about it decades ago. I lived it quite often on Memphis paint crews. No kidding.

In WWII there were all sorts of Europeans in Hitler's SS cadres. Swedes, Norwegians, French- any country's weirdos were accepted. Even Jews, I have heard. On D-Day, a lot of the troops shooting at us were Czechs and even Hindus. They were pressed into service after being conquered and must have figured, "Well, I'll get fed and be on the winning team".

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Books Of All Time?

She's Still Dead

Benny, Benny And No Regrets