Cruising For A Bruising
Tom Cruise is coming out with a new movie. It appears to be the movie where a certain thread unraveled on a certain social media website where 99% of the comments claim to hate him. I think the main post was about the amount of time he was in makeup for his new role. Six hours. Okay, that's a ridiculously long time to be sitting in a chair as people apply stuff to your face. Tom thought so as well and challenged (demanded?) they get that number down. They eventually managed to do the whole face in under an hour. I've seen makeup people work their magic. I gotta agree with Tom after I watch someone dabble a subject's face for twenty minutes. Ya gotta justify the big salary, I suppose. Of course there are many instances where makeup is going to take a long time. I believe the longest time was 20 hours on Rod Steiger for the movie, 'The Illustrated Man.' I did look to see what Tom looked like after the magic. It looks like Tom Cruise, except, old-ish and rather gray-ish. Six hours?
![]() |
| Holy Hell, what did they do to the cat!? |
So anyway, that was the main topic. People in the comment section went into attack mode. It wasn't enough to criticize Cruise for being a cruel taskmaster, they also mentioned his ties to Scientology and his personal life with former wives. People are still talking about the time he jumped up on Oprah's couch to proclaim his love for what's her name. I saw that show and thought it was adorable. He was a man in love and was expressing his joy.
The man is a perfectionist and he expects those around him to do the job they were hired to do with professionalism and skill. I fucking like that about him. I liked when he was filming a movie in the middle of the Covid pandemic and had a meltdown when the film crew walked around sans masks. Good on him. Leah Remini absolutely despises him and I'm guessing he doesn't have anything nice to say about her. Remini is a high maintenance drama queen. Cruise keeps his life private. I don't care he's into Scientology. I'm going to assume the people who mentioned it in the feed believe in a certain invisible man who lives in the heavens.
I think he's a good actor. Y'all think he's a good actor because his films do well- very, very well. When he flew into the Olympic stadium every damn eye was on him and as he walked through the crowd everyone wanted to touch him. In every rare interview I have seen him in, he's smiling and considerate.
So what gives, people? Why the hate? He's intense and admits to that. He wants the best from people and that includes himself.
I think it was cool how he challenged these make up artists who probably could have actually cut the original time in half, themselves, if they didn't dabble. The movie itself sounds interesting and I have no clue how it will be received in the theaters. I suppose I shall be giving a future update.
Stay tuned.
You have five seconds to delete this message.


Comments