Charlie Needs A Home

 


This story that I wanted to share has been sitting on the back burner because I knew there was no way I could not describe how truly disgusted I am to see this monstrosity created. I had heard it would be permanently displayed in Times Square or some prominent area for fans to stand before and bow their heads in prayer. So, a lot of foul language and nothing helpful was to be published.

My heart soars at the moment because I read here 👇


the maker of this hunk of junk is very angry with us. He calls us, "cheap, cheap, cheap." Yeah, that's not a great marketing idea, pal. The Italian spent, so he says, $100,000 of his own money building the statue. I'm not sure what he used but in no way on this Earth is that worth $100,000. As a dutiful DIY gal who spends $80 on a project that looks like a $2 thrift castoff, I can relate, but that's as much sympathy he will receive from me. It seems no one wants to buy Charlie. In fact, he's read (probably my Bluesky feed) people are going to pee, piss and pointedly laugh at it. He got an offer of $1,400* for the sitting Kirk, which look to be depicting his last moments before a bullet hole entered his neck. The Italian didn't do a postmortem creation. Maybe he would have gotten more donations.


Hey, why isn't the widow Kirk buying it!? She can wake up every morning, rub Charlie's giant ... forehead and remember the good days when she was just a vessel for carrying babies and cared for all of Charlie's needs. Now she is a parody, a joke, a meme. But, hey, I don't want to go off track here. 

The Italian calls us cheap. I'm gonna use the term, "woke." Woke to the fact that even if you liked the guy, that's the ugliest hunk of metal of DIY crafting that will end up at a Goodwill store shortly for the price of, $4.99.  Charlie looks like he's been mud wrastling. I have to give the maker credit (I will not call him an artist) it does look like Kirk. I'm glad he hid the gummy smile. He tries to depict a kind, gentle persona who seems to be an unhoused resident of the city. 

Unfortunately, I think some MAGA will buy it. The orange man could get a great deal and place it in the reflecting swamp. Wouldn't that be something? 

Anyway, it was a good way to end this day, one with good news. There's not much to be happy about when it comes to where we are right now, so even a little light is nice. 

I hope it ends up in a farmer's field where birds can shit on it and chirp, "cheap, cheap, cheap," all day long. 

*I think the price is up around $4,000 now. He should cut his losses and take it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Still Dead

The Best Books Of All Time?

Benny, Benny And No Regrets