Aruuuuuuugulaaaa Word Salad

 


I didn't write yesterday because I had made myself a challenge where I was not allowed to say anything negative about anyone. It was hard, especially when I still scrolled around and it seems everyone has gone a little mad. Does anyone know why Rand Paul hates Dr. Fauci with such passion? It's like watching a version of Les Miserables.

But, today is a new day! I'm back and I'm mean. Let's discuss this new show with host, RFK Jr., who is going to show you how to cook healthy and cheap meals for your family. Each serving will cost under $5, so let's say you have a family of four, that's $20 per meal times three which equals $60 per day. To be fair, breakfast can be skipped or you can have a slice of bread - so, $50 a day which adds up to 50 x 30-ish= $1,500 a month on food. I don't have a family of four so I don't know how accurate that is. I spend around $500 a month on me, myself and I, and usually the last week of the month is trying to put together a meal using flour and coconut flakes. I've made my grocery list for Walmart which the orange man claims they have lowered their prices. They have not- but I have to confess my list has a lot of non food items such as laundry detergent, dish soap, shampoo, toilet paper.... so my edible picks won't get me into week two and the sum total is nearly $200. 

I have here a link to Bobby and chef creating a dish- salmon cakes and arugula salad. As the meal is made they share what each item would cost. It all looks terrific and doable - in la la land world where people have time to cook and children will eat salmon cakes and arugula salad. I definitely agree we Americans are eating far too much processed crap. We are obese and unhealthy because processed food is cheaper than fresh produce. On my list I have a yellow pepper. One pepper at a cost of $1.33. I do recall mom making salmon patties from a can. I actually liked them but have not had a salmon patty since 1999. Perhaps it just brings back sad memories of seven people eating fish from a can. 

But, hey, maybe it's just me who thinks this is not going to work. That's me. I've used my ration of good thoughts, but you now have the option to listen to Kennedy Jr. walk you through making healthy meals. I cannot think of one thing where this administration has made life easier for us. Maybe this is the one. 

Lol. Yeah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Still Dead

The Best Books Of All Time?

Benny, Benny And No Regrets