Honey, Come On Down

 


It's no surprise the infamous elderly are kicking the bucket. It's just the end result, folks. A lot of ugly souls have moved on, including Jim Bakker, who was the epitome of a wolf in sheep's clothing. He used God as his personal wing man to take money from the weak and vulnerable. Even after he went to prison and his wife, Tammy Faye, his co conspirator d-i-v-o-r-c-e-d him and married Jim's friend, he still was out there shilling for a buck. He tried to make money off the 2020 pandemic by selling snake oil that would cure you of everything. He was a grifter to the end. I'm not sure if he really believed in God and heaven. How is that possible, although, I've met a few evangelicals who believe they can mess around, cheat, lie and cause all sorts of mischief, but as long as they say, "God, I am truly sorry for beating Miss Betty's cat with a rake, and stealing $12,365.32 from the Bible study trip to Branson," they think that'll get them entrance into the city made of gold, where they will be reunited with their families. Not my idea of heaven, by the way. Jim married a Tammy look-alike after the d-i-v-o-r-c-e- and I'm sure they'll all meet again but not where they were expecting. Tammy's makeup has been melting off her face for awhile now. I shouldn't pick on Tammy Faye so much. I think she kind of tried to be all inclusive. During the AIDS epidemic, she chastened her fellow asshats for turning their backs on those stricken by this horrific disease. But, she also said education is the way out of a relationship with god. Indeed.

The response to Bakker's death has been interesting. I don't think the youngsters today even know who he was, but he was a typical MAGA who actually saw some consequences to his con, unlike today where these type of folks are admired for raping and pillaging. For some reason I vaguely remember watching Jim and Tammy Faye when I was a child. We only had three or four tv channels to choose from so I'd watch anything. Although I grew up in a Catholic household, we were surrounded by evangelicals who got to travel on the Bible bus and have some fun at the church. I remember going to one of these events with my bestie, Annabelle. We sat on the floor in a circle as a young man with the biggest knuckles I have ever seen, sang and played the guitar. Then we got to pick out a trinket from a treasure chest. Another neighbor told me I was not a Christian if I was a Catholic. She literally lifted her chin, sniffed and walked away from me, disgusted by my presence. 

Well, I surely will be surprised if I was wrong after all and I find myself in hot water and a fire pit for not believing. I'm thinking heaven is like Bluesky and hell is like X. 

Anyway, maybe Dennis Hastert was waiting on Jim or visa versa. Maybe Jim's sentence is that he will have to listen to Tammy Faye cry for the next ten million years. 

They lived longer than they should have. They lived a lifestyle they never should have had. Some days, I really do wanna believe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Books Of All Time?

She's Still Dead

I Don't Want To Harp On It