Just Practicing My Writing Skills
I really don't have much to say about anything today but I gotta practice my writing skills, so let's have a chin way regarding the work place and work office canoodles. I've never had one, myself. Most of the men I worked with were farting, smoking, beer bellied neanderthals. I did have a massive crush on a former boss who was fifteen years younger than me. He was a punk so I still don't understand my infatuation. We shared a pizza slice once so that was as far as our interlude went.
So, Eric Swalwell and Katie Miller? That's a girl who'd latch onto whatever she could get and what she got wasn't even leftovers, it was the grease on the bottom of the pan. She always looks like she hasn't bathed in a week or so- there's definitely something off with Katie. I don't wanna go there but can you imagine Katie and Nosferatu in bed? I mean, Ewwwwwwwww...
Then we have Kristi and her boy toy, Corey, who no longer need to hide their affair. It's probably kind of boring now that everyone is privvy and they can't have secret rendezvous-ous.
I can't believe magats are still getting fafoed. Some asshole who rents billboards or something is shocked that ICE took away his girlfriend who was living here past her visa time. How dare the laws apply to a rich, white guy who voted to have brown people removed!
Ixnay on Trump and the ballroom. He'll have people out there at midnight working on it.
Eaking spay of cay ode cay... I never did get into pig latin. My sisters and I memorized Morse code which was fun, but kind of useless since we slept in bunk beds. Talking was easier. Lol. The bunk bed. I know I wrote a story in my previous Pondering Life blog about my father being useless fixing things. We used a hairbrush for the bathroom doorknob for months. Anyway, this bunk bed we had wasn't very sturdy. If you climbed up it would rock like a shanty boat, so Dad got about eighty feet of rope and tied the legs and all that stuff until he used up all the rope. It still swayed when we moved in it and the person on the bottom bunk was inches away from suffocating since the middle sagged so much.
Yeah, good times.
It actually was, all things considered.
Picture it ~~~~~~~~~
August - mid 70's. The front door is open to let in a breeze. Mom made the cheap steak that can break teeth, but with thousand Island dressing on it, it's edible. My sisters and I sit on the floor in front of the television, watching Marcia and Jan fight. My Mom sits in the kitchen, talking on the phone with the the twisted cord, to her girlfriends and her mother. Dad sits in his room, listening to a Cubs game. My baby sister has froot loops stuck to her sock and the cat is yelling to go out for the fiftieth time. I sit outside and watch the fireflies dance as stars shoot across the sky.
It really was a good time.

Comments