A Burnt Dick
I finally watched the movie, 'Burnt,' starring Bradley Cooper. I had stayed away because critics hated it, but I was more interested in Cooper's face which some say has been altered. He also apparently has married Gigi Hadid, a model. I dunno, but that movie is horrible! It's an old movie so if you haven't seen it yet, tough, because I'ma gonna get into it. It's about an asshole, Bradley, who in the movie was a renowned chef until he got into drugs. So now he is trying to start over but that drug thing left him some baggage. Did I mention he's an asshole? Chef Ramsey would be delightful to work with compared to this douche. He not only screams and insults his staff, he throws plates and other kitchen instruments around.
I worked one day with someone like this. It was some marketing job and my first task was to go through a TV Guide and cross out certain names. It was weird, but I played along, all the while Frau Himmler stood right in front of me goading me and telling me to be quicker. Every task she gave me was ridiculous, but she continued to insult me and demean me. There were about five other women in the room who kept their heads down and looked terrified. In the afternoon we were allowed to celebrate her birthday in a tiny type closet where we ate cake standing up, in silence, as the Frau sat in the other room, mumbling about wasted time. It was a surreal experience. In the afternoon, the big boss came in whereupon she ran into his office and gave him her review of my work. It wasn't good. The door was ten feet away and open so we all heard every word. Then Herr Goebbels proceeded to light up a cigar and purposely turned the fan towards my desk.
I'm not a praying woman but I do hope they were eaten slowly by a flesh eating disease. There is no reason to treat people like dirt. None. I realize people have to just cope with it in order to survive but I'm going to tell you right now, you do not have to remain in such a dark place. That not only goes for a career, a job, but in a relationship. You do not have to take that.
I didn't finish the movie- not even close, so I can only go by what Wikipedia tells me. You can probably guess, so no need to explain. Unfortunately, he didn't get pummeled by his staff. He wasn't killed by the drug cartel. I'm not sure what the moral of the story was except to be a horrible, despicable, deplorable human and come out smelling like roses.
Is that where we're at now? This movie was released in 2015, but it seems like the worst of humanity is taking over and winning. Bradley's staff reminds me of us, we the people, because we are taking it as the crazy boss screams and shits his pants. We have wife abusers and child rapists in our government and we can do absolutely nothing at the moment.
Chef Bradley was a dick. Cheeto Trump is a dick. Let's change the narrative. Let's have a sequel and this time, we toss out the dicks.

Comments