The Eternal Lightness Of Being

 


Well I just assumed Jelly Roll was a MAGA, after he was seen with the orange man around election time. Again, another person I really know nothing about. I think he's a country singer who recently lost a lot of weight and a wife as well. Jelly was on a roll the other night when he was guest host for Jimmy Kimmel. Magats are angry now because they believed he was one of them. Well, he looked the part. Obese, tattooed, a felon with horrible  tattoos on his face. I'm still not sure what side he's on but he did get some zingers off regarding Trump. Whatevs. He did say one thing that was interesting and it was about Dolly Parton. He said she may be the very last person who both sides cared about. That might be true because I cannot think of anyone else on the planet who both sides respect and admire. It's odd that the Reich wing hillbillies loved her so much because if they really paid attention, they would have vilified her, called her horrible names, but, they're stupid. They saw a beautiful, blonde, Christian woman who talked like they did and assumed she was one of them. I read a post in Bluesky where the Skyer wrote that everyone loved her because she remained neutral regarding political views.

No. She most certainly did not.

She supported the LGBTQ community. She gave away millions of books to children. She provided needed funds to research Covid and find a vaccine. She even received the vaccine for all the world to see. She was a nice lady who said it was not her place to judge people and the choices they make. That doesn't mean she remained neutral. 

So, MAGA, she most definitely was not. But, you cannot explain that to anyone who voted for what we have today. 

I'm not sure if Dolly would have had that much power to stop a civil war- we will never know, but after reading hundreds of comments from powerful and influencial people to just us regulars, she was truly loved and a few who had met her mention that when she walked into a room they could feel a presence of warmth and light.

It's true that one person can be the bondo that holds a family together. I know a young man, who if something terrible happened to him, three families would fall apart. Three. 

What do we have to connect us to MAGA, to crazy evangelicals, to racists, rapists, billionaires and the brainwashed? What? Common decency? No, not when you believe it's okay to steal fathers off a street in front of terrorized children. Not when men can wear masks and shoot people in the head. Not while a president is in a file where he (allegedly) and other powerful men have raped children. 

For me, the saying, "We are all in this together," no longer applies. I am not you and I will never forgive you. Dolly was not you, either. You don't deserve to mourn her death. 

I'm not sure how all this Trump debacle will play out. It really could end up to be another civil war and believe me folks, I've never even touched a weapon, but I'll be first in line at Bud's Bait n' Guns if it happens. 

I'm just glad Dolly won't be here to see it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Books Of All Time?

She's Still Dead

Benny, Benny And No Regrets