Sailor Marooned
This won't be a popular post, but let's start with something we probably all will agree on.
Ya gotta be some kind of stupid to treat military personnel like garbage. These sailors and soldiers come from the MAGA base. Mom and Dad are flag waving, blue collar conservatives. They all go around thanking everyone for their service to this country. They are proud to send their child off to a possible war, or even worse, no toilet paper, moldy bathrooms, insufficient food, long hours....
Whatever a young person's reason is for joining the military, they are the ones who will risk their lives for all of us.
I saw an alleged picture of one of the USS Abraham Lincoln's bathrooms. I dunno, every movie I've watched about soldiers and sailors have them cleaning their temporary homes with toothbrushes. As one in high command noted, there's probably a little truth to both sides about the conditions on the ship. Word from angry parents is that their children are literally jumping ship after nine months of being stuck on it, although, during wartime, sailors held their stations for a year or more. Of course you had your runners, every job has runners, but in this case, where ya gonna go on a ship but into the water? There are five thousand sailors on the USS Abraham Lincoln. Some just have a shorter melting point.
Suck it up, men and women of the seas. Y'all went in knowing who was president. Yeah, the guy who now says nine months isn't long enough. Plus you have Hegseth, the guy who wants to shoot you up with manly juice and intends to rid the entire military of women and anyone who doesn't look like Sylvester Stallone.
I'm not sure if these sailors on the Lincoln have complained to their superiors about living conditions but they sure are bitching to their parents, who are mad and want their kids home.
Anyway, I think we are in a war. It's hard to tell, but there are kids out there on ships that haven't been on land in nine months. The last thing you want to do is get them thinking they got a rotten deal. You don't want them to think at all. And you surely do not want an angry maga mama on your back.
I have the feeling Trump doesn't care because he realizes he's lost his own private battle to be king of the world. You're just more collateral, kids. You always were.
So although I do have some empathy for these sailors because no one should be living in these alleged conditions, no one should be in the fucking strait of Hormuz, I also believe they need to do the job they signed up for. This ain't Disneyland. Get out your toothbrushes and start scrubbing, sailors!

Comments