A Tale Of Terror and Mom's Back


 I had a lovely weekend with my sisters who drove out from Ohio. Our plan was to head over to the lake fest which turned out to be a bore. So we went home, ordered Chinese, watched movies and caught up on each other's lives. My youngest sister is a talker, always has been, and sometimes says the darndest things. I don't know what we were talking about which started this story about her granddaughter who when she was around five became terrified of a large mirror they had in their house. She screamed that she could see people in it. No other mirror in the house affected her this way. The mirror was very old and it's possible some distortion in the mirror caused whatever she was seeing, but how do you explain that to a child? My sister casually mentioned the mirror terror on Facebook. A few days letter she received a DM from a woman who claimed she was a medium who was familiar with this phenomenon. 

Time out! 🙌 I love these stories although I don't believe them, but who knows, we shared other weird stories, which gave me pause and an open mouth, so stay tuned. Now back to tale in progress....

The medium wrote she could come by and try to help but whatever they do- DO NOT REMOVE THE MIRROR! My sister wholeheartedly believes in the afterlife, ghosts and goblins, but she's not stupid because she is wary of living humans who do most of the harm, so the family discussed the situation and were prepared to receive the woman and whatever she could do because this mirror was truly terrorizing this child. I believe they expected some weirdo dressed in a black shroud to arrive. Instead they witnessed an average, middle-aged woman who brought along her teenage daughter and seemed to be "normal." The medium checked out the mirror and nodded her head. Yes, she can feel them inside the mirror. She turns to the child and takes hold of her hand. "They cannot hurt you. Don't be afraid." She explained these people mean no harm but are trapped within another time warp and do not know how to leave. The medium said she will take the mirror and try to release them and they will never be a threat to the child. This seemed to calm my sister's granddaughter immensely. 

Time out! 🙌 Great story, sister! How much did she charge for her removing the antique mirror? Nothing. In fact she apparently owned a bakery. Ooh, a sorcerer and a baker! She brought with her an array of sweets and delicious breads and just took the mirror.

So, for several days the adults kept an eye on child waiting to see what might happen next. Nothing happened. She never had another fit if terror and according to sister seemed to forget the incident entirely. 

👏👏👏👏 Great story, sister. It made me shiver. 

Both my sisters believe our mother comes around to cause mischief. She likes to turn lights on and off at inopportune moments like when walking down stairs and sometimes they hear the pop of a beer can being opened late at night. I laughed and said, well, take Mom with you when you go. I don't have room. We laughed, cried when we said goodbye and I felt relief (introvert) and sorrow because our days of getting together are becoming rare.

That night I fell asleep easily without the usual tossing and turning. I was exhausted from peopling. During the night I was awakened by the sound of a car horn going off right outside my bedroom window. I finally got up to look outside to see nothing. No car, no beeping, no anything. 

Now I need to know how to send Mom packing back to Ohio.

*Edited art illustration from Pixabay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Books Of All Time?

She's Still Dead

Benny, Benny And No Regrets